Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 219
Topic: Export to CSV "," when no data? Posted: 10 Feb 2012 at 8:53am
Hi,
I have a report that exports data to a csv file . based on the parameter, the field XX sometimes has no data . When I export the file I want the data to show a space
example w data AAA,1/1/2012,BBB,1/1/2012 exp no data AAA,1/1/2012,,1/1/2012 no BBB
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 13 Feb 2012 at 3:15am
you can try setting the defaults in the report so that a null value is a blank...
while it isn't easy to read, 2 commas next to each other is the default way to display an empty field...The importing program might interpret the space as a legitimate entry of 1 space(you would think that they would trim it, but they may not)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum