Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Sub-Report and still pass data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
brianschultz5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote brianschultz5 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Sub-Report and still pass data
     Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:33am

I have a Crystal reports with multiple sub reports.  I'm pulling data from the sub reports and I am using the data in variables for in the Main report.  I was wondering if there is a way to suppress the sub report and still bring back the data.  So far I have tried to use the section expert suppress option, and while it suppresses the sub-report, the data is not passed through.  Thanks.

 

Brian

 

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Feb 2012 at 8:43am

you have to

1. in the subreport suppress all sections
2. in the main report set the subreport to "suppress blank subreport"
3. in main report, section expert where the subreport resides set it to "suppress blank section"
IP IP Logged
brianschultz5
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Jan 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote brianschultz5 Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 8:55am
Thanks a lot.  That worked great!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum