Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Null fields delete row problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Topic: Null fields delete row problem
     Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 7:10am
I have a report that lists sales tickets, amounts, etc that is grouped by payment mode (cash, check,ap) the data comes from a tickets table and a payment mode table linked by ticketnumber.  This part works fine
 
I have a third table that contains check data (checknum, date&time...) - now management wants me to add a column that would include that info but when I add the fields to the report it only returns tickets that are included in that check data table.
 
The following is a sample of what I want:
 
tkt#        mode          amt     check#
100         cash          10.00             
101         ap             10.00    200
102         check        20.00    201
103         ap             30.00
 
what I get is only tkt# 101 & 102 - the query is simply paid tickets on currentdate - I considered separate subreports for each mode but the situation is that not all tickets have a check associated with it at report time ie; an ap ticket that needs to be repriced
 
I've had this issue before with other data and resorted to multiple reports to get what I need but this one is a request from management and they don't like to hear 'can't get there from here' as an answer!
 
Also, this report will eventually be a subreport within another report.
 
This is all using CRXI & MS SQL 2008
 
Thanks in advance,
Cyber-guysDead
 
IP IP Logged
cyber-guys
Groupie
Groupie


Joined: 02 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 42
Quote cyber-guys Replybullet Posted: 29 Jan 2012 at 8:44am
figured it out - combination of report options -  treat nulls as default and link type - left outer join
 
Thanks
Cyber-guys
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum