Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Suppress Blank Section Not Working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
VictoriaM708
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote VictoriaM708 Replybullet Topic: Suppress Blank Section Not Working
     Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:13am
Hello!
 
For a report that I created, there is a section that I need to suppress if it's blank. For this particular section, from Section Expert, I checked the box for 'Suppress Blank Section.' This section also has a text object (which is the title/name of this section).
 
So the design goes like this:
 
Protocol Justification (Text Object)
 
Notes Contents (Justification Memo from a table)
 
I believe what is happening is that even though the Notes is blank, it is still bringing in the Text Object so it appears as if the section is NOT suppressed. Any idea on how to fix this???
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:15am
write a suppression to suppress if the Notes field is blank.
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
VictoriaM708
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote VictoriaM708 Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 7:21am
Clap Brilliant! This seems to work.
 
I entered the conditional formula for suppression as: isnull ({Notes Contents})
 
Thank you!!!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum