Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Footer Data shown in Report Footer/Header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tiffy42
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote tiffy42 Replybullet Topic: Group Footer Data shown in Report Footer/Header
     Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 11:16pm
Hi to all.
Could anyone help please.
 
I've been playing with CR for a year now and still can't find a way to display data from multiple Group Footers in the Report Header.
 
I have created a report that divides work orders into five groups with seperate categories (Special, High, Medium, Routine and Others).
In each Group Footer I can display the percentage of work orders that meet a time to repair for that category.
On my Report Header I have several summary sections. One of these is a breakdown of percentages for each category. I currently have to update these manually. Is there anyway that this can be done automatically? Ideally the figures would have a conditional function to change font colour for over 90%, 80 - 90 % and under 80%.
If the only way to achieve this is on a graph that would be fine, I just can't translate the figures from each Group Footer into the Report Header or Footer.
 
Thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Jan 2012 at 3:40am
a crosstab might be your ticket.
if the architecture of the report is replciated in the CT then youc an use Running Totals as teh percentage values int he CT. The font can also be conditionally changed.
IP IP Logged
tiffy42
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote tiffy42 Replybullet Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 12:05am
Thanks for the suggestion.
 
I've tried it and can't seem to get it to work.
When I select the fields to put in the CT the one I need doesn't appear in the choices.
Confused
IP IP Logged
Ken Mock
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Ken Mock Replybullet Posted: 12 Jan 2012 at 9:11am
this may be over simplifying the issue and perhaps I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do, but why not create formula's like =groupfooterfield
and place the formula in the header for each field you want displayed?
Ken
IP IP Logged
tiffy42
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Feb 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote tiffy42 Replybullet Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 1:30am
If I reference the group footer formula, I cannot add it into the report header. If I select a graph wizard the formula is not available to use as data.
??
Not quite sure what you mean by =groupfooterfield
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum