Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Topic: Month Range Values Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:54pm
Hi Guys,
I have a parameter by the name of Month.
It is setup as number type, and valid values are 1 through to 12.
The report works fine, although for the following example:
If it is for example November, I want to run the report from November to March next year.
When I select month 11 as start of range, and month 4 as end of range, I get an error saying that its not valid values.
I am guessing because the range that the user puts in has to be sequential that is 1,2,3... etc.
Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 1:39am
2 options;
1 - Convert your month parameter to a date parameter, users can secify a range between years. ie 2011-11-01 to 2012-04-01.
2 - Set static values of 1-12 in parameter settings and set "Allow Multiple Values" to true - users will then be able to individually select 11,12,1,2,3 & 4.
I can guide you through either in more detail if you decide which you'd prefer to do.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum