Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Writing Code
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005 and Newer
:
Writing Code
Topic: Modifying a formula field in code
Author
Message
billev
Newbie
Joined: 19 May 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Modifying a formula field in code
Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:57pm
I have a formula in my report called Dummy which is equal to a string called "dummy".
In code I Say:
MyReport.DataDefinition.FormulaFields("Dummy").text = "Smarty"
When I run the report, I get the error "The remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula."
Any help would be appreciated.
visual studio 2005 and Crystal that came with it.
Thanks, Bill V.
Edited by billev - 01 Jan 2012 at 5:58pm
Thanks,
Bill V
IP Logged
asam
Newbie
Joined: 08 Jan 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 4:12am
Here is what I have used successfully: this.DataDefinition.FormulaFields["line2"].Text = "'Yes'";
(Note the [] and single quotes inside double quotes)!
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
KONACAD
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.