Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR 2008 export to Excel 2007 not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
theseus75
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote theseus75 Replybullet Topic: CR 2008 export to Excel 2007 not working
     Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 2:44am
I'm using Crystal Reports 2008, and I'm exporting to Excel 2007. My report has more than the 255 columns allowed by Excel 2003, but not more than the max Excel 2007 can hold.

I didn't see Excel version 12 (2007) in the available export lists, so I created an ODBC connection that did allow me to select .xlsx (Excel 2007) for export.

Alas, on export, the report still caps at the 255 column mark.

Is there a workaround for this, or perhaps a more direct way of getting CR'08 to accommodate the greater capacity of Excel 2007 and the .xlsx format?

Thanks for any help!
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 5:10am
I've never had the issue of exceeding the column boundaries of Excel 2003, I have however exceeded the row limitations and when I export reports that exceed that limit Crystal automatically creates multiple tabs in the spreadsheet for the additional data.
 
Have you actaully tried exporting to 2003 to see if it will do the same for columns?
 
The only other suggestion I'd have if that doesn't work is upgrade your version of Crystal (... I know :/ ) the new version supports Excel 2007 exports.
IP IP Logged
theseus75
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote theseus75 Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 2011 at 10:20am
I should amend this. I haven't visited the problem in a little while, so I remembered it incorrectly. The issue is importing FROM an .xlsx file (one that has more than 255 columns). This doesn't find its way into the CR resulting rpt, despite having set up a custom ODBC connection that allowed me to select .xlsx as the file type (using the typical import feature doesn't allowing selecting Excel versions that high).

So, still rather stuck. I've though of having the data in more than one sheet, but would rather not, as this is survey data brought into Excel from another program, and thus putting it into different sheets would have to be done by hand (or by macro).

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum