Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Subreporting linking issue Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Topic: Subreporting linking issue
     Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 7:08am
I have created a subreport.  In the "Subreport Links" window, I've selected the field in my main report that I want to link to.  After checking the box, "Select data in subreport based on field", I observe that the field from the subreport I wanted to link to is omitted from the list. 
 
Why would this be the case?
 
Thank you
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 7:09am

it sometimes will link to a pm value, a parameter it creates within the subreport.

IP IP Logged
Hammerklavier
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Quote Hammerklavier Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 9:09am
Nevermind, I've resolved the issue.  The two fields were not of the same data type.  Though the main report field consisted almost entirely of numbers, there were a couple of strings as well, which threw things off.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum