Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Multiple Commands Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vmk2011
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote vmk2011 Replybullet Topic: Multiple Commands
     Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 11:19am
I have 2 commands in my Crystal Report and I am joining them in the database expert on the lowest level of data that is being displayed on the report. When i refresh the report, it submits the query to the database but it is pretty slow when it is reading the records.
 
Is the join between the commands done on the business objects server? How can i speed up the query.
 
Thanks!
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 09 Dec 2011 at 3:22am
I'll be honest, I don't know where the join is being done...probably in CR itself.
 
since you have 2 commands that you are joining, why not reduce them to 1 command and do the joining in the query?  That would seem to be the simplest way to accomplish your goal.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 6:48am

Or maybe build a view to do the join, I have better performance then

IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 9:54am
a view is fine, or how about going the next step and just create the entire report's data as a stored procedure...leverage your database server's speed, memory, and ability to work with groups of data.
 
evidently I am on a 'use a stored proc' kick today
 
sorry if this not an option for you.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum