Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Database - Show SQL Query Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Topic: Database - Show SQL Query
     Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 10:13am
I am using Crystal 2008. I am trying to edit someone else report and I need to edit the SQL Query and when I go to Show SQL Query it does not allow me to edit the query. Is there another way I can edit this query in crystal?
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 10:31am
are you taking about editing a stored procedure or a field in you report?
IP IP Logged
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 11:11am
In Crytsal if you go to Database - Show SQL Query you will see the query the query for the report. I want to edit that query because when I go to the select Expert Record it does not show me everything.
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 11:18am
that is the query that is generated by crystal(cannot be directly edited). the only way to edit that query is in select expert or in database expert depends what you need to change.  
IP IP Logged
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 11:51am
When I look in at the sql query statement there is a where statement that I can not edit in the select expert.
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 11:55am
show your sql statement and to what you want it to change, i might know what you need to put in your select expert.
IP IP Logged
kbnyny
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Aug 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Quote kbnyny Replybullet Posted: 05 Dec 2011 at 12:25pm
Thanks for your help. I did figure it out.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum