Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: totalling Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
edwong
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Dec 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote edwong Replybullet Topic: totalling
     Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 1:16pm
I am new to this group.  I need help in the following scenario:
 
I am building an inventory report.  The tables involved are:
PART TABLE - contain PART info PARTID, DESC, ONHAND QTY
INV TRANS TABLE - Contains transactions processed including receiving, issueing, adj in & out, wo ref#, tran# date/time etc
 
I would like to build an inventory bal report as at (say Nov 30, 2011)
I build a formula for opening qty which will be ONHAND QTY +- NET CHANGES of qty from day 1 of the reporting start date say Nov 1 to the CURRENT DATE reconcile back to the opening qty, use this opening qty to add the changes of Nov 1-30.  I can make a formula in the group section for PARTID:
OPENING QTY + QTY CHANGES FOR NOV.  However, I don't know how to cumulate the calculated totals of each part to the total for all parts.  Anyone please help in showing me how to build the total.
 
Thanks
 
EW
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum