Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Carrying a variable within a group Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rando1000
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote rando1000 Replybullet Topic: Carrying a variable within a group
     Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 4:36am
I have a group with six details. The final detail contains a field that's suppressed except in once instance. I need a way to grab a numeric quantity appearing in a previous instance of the group and pass it to the instance of the group in which the field is not suppressed.

In print, it looks something like:

Area 1
Quantity = 4

Area 2
Myfield = 100

I need Myfield to equal 400.
IP IP Logged
rando1000
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Nov 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote rando1000 Replybullet Posted: 15 Nov 2011 at 2:18pm
Never mind. I figured out how to use Global variables to capture the information and return it where I need it.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum