Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cannot find BAD formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bflentje
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote bflentje Replybullet Topic: Cannot find BAD formula
     Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 8:15am
I have been tasked with tweaking a report.  Zero Crystal experience.
 
After I've managed to change the datasource, I am getting a formula that won't compile.
 
Error is: 
 
This field name is not known.
Details:  errorKind
Error in File ... such and such ...
Error in formula  <Group #2 Order>.
'if IsNull({some field name})
'
This field name is not known.
 
Now, I know exactly the problem, I need to change the source name on my field.  But for the life of me, I cannot find this darn formula (@Group #2 Order) ANYWHERE in my report or the Formula Workshop.
 
Help!!  :-S
 
 
IP IP Logged
sgtjim
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote sgtjim Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 10:17am
Does the report have sub-report(s)?

If yes, then you may want to check the sub-report(s) for the formula.

Also, check all the formulas in the section expert.
IP IP Logged
bflentje
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote bflentje Replybullet Posted: 10 Nov 2011 at 11:54am
Originally posted by sgtjim

Does the report have sub-report(s)?

If yes, then you may want to check the sub-report(s) for the formula.

Also, check all the formulas in the section expert.
 
Turns out the formula was under the Options of the group with a custom order.  I think I've got it fixed, maybe.
 
Thanks for the reply.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum