Home
Crystal Reports Training
Crystal Reports XI
Crystal Reports .NET
Crystal Reports Forum
News
Tech Support
Active Topics
Memberlist
Search
Help
Register
Login
Report Design
Crystal Reports Forum
:
Crystal Reports 9 through 2022
:
Report Design
Topic: Conditional formatting
Author
Message
JagannathaSuta
Newbie
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Conditional formatting
Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:46am
Hi Everyone I am using crystal 10 to develop reports.
I have a situation that I am not sure how to resolve, hence my post.
I have two date fields that are of type string, which I need to compare.
If they are the same "date" then format them as bold.
The formula I have put on {first_tx} but does not work is below.
IF {first_tx} = {last_tx} then
{first_tx} CRBold
{last_tx} CRBold
I get the error the remaining text does not appear to be part of the text.
Thanks in advance
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 10:53am
you have to do the condition on each field
IF {first_tx} = {last_tx} then CRBold else crregular
IP Logged
JagannathaSuta
Newbie
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 11:22am
Hhhhmmm ...
I tried putting this formula on {first_tx} but got the remaining text does not appear to be part of the formula.
IF {first_tx} = {last_tx} then
{first_tx} CRBold
IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 11:51am
you do not state which item is being bolded.
by inserting the conditional formula in the properties of the field it is already identified as the field to be bolded.
right click on first_tx
select format field
font tab
style formula (x-2)
add your conditional formula here
IF {table.first_tx} = {table.last_tx} then CRBold else crregular
repeat after selecting the last_tx field
Edited by DBlank - 07 Nov 2011 at 11:54am
IP Logged
JagannathaSuta
Newbie
Joined: 07 Nov 2011
Location: New Zealand
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Posted: 07 Nov 2011 at 12:42pm
Thank you this is now working, and thank you for your patience.
IP Logged
Printable version
Forum Jump
-- Select Forum --
Announcements
Talk with the Author
Self-Publishing
Job Postings
New feature request
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Technical Questions
Tips and Tricks
Crystal Xcelsius
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
Report Design
Data Connectivity
Writing Code
Tips and Tricks
You
cannot
post new topics in this forum
You
cannot
reply to topics in this forum
You
cannot
delete your posts in this forum
You
cannot
edit your posts in this forum
You
cannot
create polls in this forum
You
cannot
vote in polls in this forum
HOME
|
FREE EBOOK
|
PROGRAMMING GUIDE
|
PURCHASE
|
REVIEWS
|
CONTACT ME
|
FAQ
|
LINKS
|
PRIVACY
|
CLICK PLAYS
|
BAEZL
© 2004-2026 Brian Bischof. All Rights Reserved.