Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Employee utilization report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jwmott
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 06 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote jwmott Replybullet Topic: Employee utilization report
     Posted: 06 Nov 2011 at 5:05am
Working on report to determine an employees utilization (utilization is defined as number of billable versus non billable hours in a given report period).
 
The issue is I need to exclude holidays from my equation.  While much has been written on identifying holidays, i need some additional help.
 
I do not have access to the backend MS. SQL database in order to create a holiday table, so I need to filter dates in the report.
 
Holidays I need to exclude are
 

* New Year's Day (January 1)

* Memorial Day (last Monday in May)

* Independence Day (July 4)

* Labor Day (first Monday in September)

* Thanksgiving (fourth Thursday in November)

* 1/2 Day Christmas Eve (December 24)

* Christmas (December 25)

* 1/2 Day New Year's Eve (December 31)

Here are the rules I need to follow:

A recognized holiday that falls on a Saturday will be observed on the preceding Friday.

A recognized holiday that falls on a Sunday will be observed on the following Monday.

currently I have the report working by calculating total available minutes (each workday = 480 minutes) so for normal holidays I need to remove them from total hours worked, and from the total hours available).  For the half day holidays I need to remove 240 minutes from total available and ti discard any minutes worked above 240).
I hope that makes sense.


Edited by jwmott - 06 Nov 2011 at 5:06am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum