Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Ordering by day with full date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
steve_r18
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote steve_r18 Replybullet Topic: Ordering by day with full date
     Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 5:38am
Hey guys, I read a post about ordering the date by month with custom group ordering, but what about when you want to order it by day of the month, forget month, year. I'm using this report for daily forecasting, but the custom still wants to sort by year.

Can anyone help?
IP IP Logged
steve_r18
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Sep 2011
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote steve_r18 Replybullet Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 8:28am
Ok so I was able to just created a custom function to call the day of the date and assign a value to it, (e.g. 1=1,2=2) such as a previous threaded used jan = jan , feb = feb. I then ordered it ascending and got the results I required. However, there must be a simpler way to do this that I just can't figure out. If you have any ideas to make this simpler (builtins?) that would be great.

THanks

Steve
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum