Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Displaying Previous Salary Posted: 03 Nov 2011 at 4:17am
I'm working on a report where I need to show the current annual salary and the previous salary. I tried using the previous function but the data it is giving me is not correct. Some people have several pay history records where their salary changed, but most people's previous pay history record reflects where we changed from bi-weekly pay to semi-monthly pay. I don't know how to grab the previous different amount. If someone can help me, I'd appreciate it.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Nov 2011 at 3:26am
this is a place where a stored proc would probably be the easiest solution.
Barring that, I would guess a subreport would be your best bet, there you could order the data by date descending and then select the first record that is the best fit for the criteria of what is previous salary
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum