Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Error when trying to add a new field to a report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Spawn10
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote Spawn10 Replybullet Topic: Error when trying to add a new field to a report
     Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 10:12am
Crystal reports keeps crashing on me when I try to add a calculated field to the report. When I created the calculated field, I did not get any error messages, i still don't...however, every time i try to add the calculated field to the report I get the error that says...
"The instruction at 0x0089ae13 referenced memory at 0x00000020. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program . Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Does anyone have any idea as to why this is happening? I copied the report and DB files from another machine, onto another one that has crystal reports installed. I can open the view the data in the DB, and am able to connect to the DB. Everything seems to be working, until I try to add the field to the report.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 2011 at 3:31pm
First thing I would try is to open it in Design Mode and hit File and Save As and name it something else.Then rename the original to something else and rename the new one to what you need.Then try to add your field.Then you might look at the mapping to see if something is not there that should be.Failing that you may end up rebuilding it the same way it is but it will have been built on the new machine you need it on.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum