Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Problem Exporting Grouped Data Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
tonyp145
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote tonyp145 Replybullet Topic: Problem Exporting Grouped Data
     Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:05am
Hi folks, new to this group, but long-time Crystal user. I'm running into one of those "duh" problems that I should know, but could use a bit of help.
 
I'm running a report of unique customers where I need the last date of purchase so I group on customer number and then move all of my fields out of the Details section down to that Group Footer. Everything looks great and works perfectly when I export to Excel. But when I export to csv I lose my grouping and suddenly 2,000 records becomes 16,000 with every date of service.
 
I can workaround the problem by exporting to Excel and then using Excel to save as csv, but I'm running quite a lot of these reports and it would be preferable if I could save the extra step.
 
Any suggestions? Thanks.
 
Tony
IP IP Logged
tonyp145
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote tonyp145 Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 9:12am
Shoot, I just found the answer, I knew it was a "duh". I just had to replace the date of service field in the Group Footer with a summary field using the Maximum of that date field.
 
Sorry to take up the bandwidth, but I'm glad I found this forum and hey, maybe that will help someone else.
 
Tony
IP IP Logged
tonyp145
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote tonyp145 Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 10:42am
My bad, I'm still having the problem. Am I trying to do something that is impossible? Let me know. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum