Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report Running Slow Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JaneKOS
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote JaneKOS Replybullet Topic: Report Running Slow
     Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 4:24am

I'm trying to write a report to show the available capacity of a component over the next 26 weeks.

There are 26 columns and in each one I determine the PO demand (Po) in the detail of the report then sum in the footer. There is no grouping in the report and only 2 linked tables. The following are then also calculated in the footer:
  • I determine the available weekly capacity (WklyCap)from a parameter.
  • The requirement each week (Req)is then Sum ({@Po25})+{@Bal26}. ie the sum of the PO demand plus any residual balances from the previous weeks.
  • The amount actually made that week is the capacity available or the amount required (Cap): 

if 0">{@Req25}>0 then
(if {@WklyCap">{@Req25}>{@WklyCap} then
{@WklyCap} else
{@Req25})
else 0

  • The balance remaining (Bal) is then the required qty minus capacity used 

{@Req25}-{@Cap25}

I started with week 26 then worked backwards to current week. I tested after 6 weeks and it was working perfectly so I continued with the formulas for all remaining weeks. When I went to run I ended task after 1 hr!
 
I appear to have something fundamentally wrong in my report design. Any help much appreciated!
IP IP Logged
Robotacha
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Quote Robotacha Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 5:48am
not sure,
 
BUT a future tip: in PAGE SET UP, make sure the NO PRINTER option is checked.

this makes any report run slightly fast as it does not need to optimize the report for printing :)
 
 
Regards,

Michael Jones
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum