Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Evaluate formula later Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
dibblejon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote dibblejon Replybullet Topic: Evaluate formula later
     Posted: 25 Oct 2011 at 11:19pm
Hi
 
I have a report that has a formula in GF1 - when I try and do a select on this I am told the formula must be evaluated later.
 
How do I go about doing so?
 
Many thanks
 
 
IP IP Logged
Robotacha
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Quote Robotacha Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:10am
im not too sure.  What does the formula do?

I have encountered similar problems in the past where, Crystal reports wont let you use a formula in the select expert if the formula uses data from the report.
 
basically, your report needs to be ran first, for the formaula to retrieve its information.
 
 
Regards,

Michael Jones
IP IP Logged
Robotacha
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Quote Robotacha Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 1:13am
eg;
 
@test
IF Sum ({@Sales}, {TRNSTK.CUSTOMER})>100 THEN "DONE" ELSE "NOT DONE"
 
I cannot put this formula in the select expert as EQUALS "DONE" because the sum has not been worked out yet.
 
Regards,

Michael Jones
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2011 at 4:05am

FYI the above example is a group select statement

depending on what the @sales formula is you may be able to do the select
open the slect expert
change the toggle to use 'group selection'
enter the selection criteria as
Sum ({@Sales}, {TRNSTK.CUSTOMER})>100
 


Edited by DBlank - 26 Oct 2011 at 4:07am
IP IP Logged
dibblejon
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 05 Jan 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Quote dibblejon Replybullet Posted: 27 Oct 2011 at 11:33pm
Yes - I am trying to use the group select on the forumla. I guess Crystal cannot evaluate this as it doesn't have the results until the report has run.
 
Is there anyway to get Crystal to evaulate this formula after the report has run?
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum