I tried subscript [] as in TableName.FieldName [1 to 2] to extract the first two characters then used that value as a column but all it did was return the 2 characters but still give a separate column for each record. Could you suggest another formula?
Just in case I may not have explained my self too well but in the sample values I gave in the original post I was hoping to get a result such as this:
|
|
AB
|
XY
|
CC
|
|
Sep-11
|
Sum
of all ABs in Sep
|
Sum
of all XYs in Sep
|
Sum
of all CCs in Sep
|
|
Oct-11
|
Sum
of all ABs in Oct
|
Sum
of all XYs in Oct
|
Sum
of all CCs in Oct
|
|
Nov-11
|
Sum
of all ABs in Nov
|
Sum
of all XYs in Nov
|
Sum of
all CCs in Nov
|
Sorry DBlank, I just realized you did give a formula to try out. Will do so and let you know how it comes out
Edited by wunof11 - 25 Oct 2011 at 1:31am