There is no joining. Because there are no relationship between Table 1 and Table 2.
I can join them, but I am still a 'newbie' here and trying to do this the right way.
Here is the full giest of it.
Table 1 is pretty straight forward. The reason for Table 2 has a different set of records and one of the fields is a "memo" field that will be used to select records.
My head is already spinning from trying to combine the Table 1 and Table 2, but the record selection is different.
Table 1 is straight forward in selecting either E or M first character code, but the Table 2, I need to use a search the text in the memo field to select a record, once selected it should be populated into the report for Table 1.
that is why I thought I could create report 1 and export the data into Excel and create report 2 and export/add into Excel and finish up the table/report through Excel.
Gil
p.s. sorry for confusing everyone. I may not have explained myself much, but please be understanding.
Edited by gilinnc - 18 Oct 2011 at 10:15am