Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Time Zones in Crystal 10 Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
MWToine
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 10 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote MWToine Replybullet Topic: Time Zones in Crystal 10
     Posted: 13 Oct 2011 at 8:59am
I can't be the only person encountering the problem.  But I haven't found a workable solution and I've been looking for a couple of weeks.  I hope someone here can offer some help.
 
We have an Oracle db in one time zone (CDT) and we're creating report for users in varing time zones.  So when they enter parameter values for the dates, they're expecting to see results based on their time... not that of the database.
 
I have coded several formulas that can make the calculated differences.  However, the formula is NOT passed to the database to filter records.  So, large tables can dramatically increase report runtimes.
 
We know the user's GMT Offset at runtime.  We can't get the calculation to complete BEFORE making the 1st call to the db and pass the resulting values to the underlying query.
 
Example:  Current date & time 10/13/2011 1:56:15 pm.  Let's say a user in Kathmandu (-11.5 from Greenwich; 5.5 from the db) wants to run the report.  The query must adjust to the USER'S time so that all records return.
 
Has anyone found a solution that works with Crystal 10?  I'd greatly appreciate the help.  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum