Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Create a link to another report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
RiddleMeThis
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote RiddleMeThis Replybullet Topic: Create a link to another report
     Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 11:42am
Totally new to Crystal Reports (version 2008), and got tossed a report to make some modifications. The data coming into the report has a structure of:
 
DataName    DataValue
 
And I can have a list of records in the report that looks like this:
 
Make            Ford
Model           Focus
SerialNum    123456
 
There are a lot more records being returned, and it can vary in the report from 8 records returned to 20. What I'm being asked to do is if the DataName is SerialNum (and it may not always be there) then create a link to another report, pass it the DataValue for this record (123456 in this example), and run that report.
 
So my question is, how do I do this?
 
Thanks
 
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 28 Sep 2011 at 2:02pm
I believe the only was is by subreport. If I'm wrong someone will along to correct me.
IP IP Logged
RiddleMeThis
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 28 Sep 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote RiddleMeThis Replybullet Posted: 29 Sep 2011 at 4:21am
What I ended up doing is creating a formula and when DataName = "SerialNum" then populate the variable wit the value of DataValue. I then created a sub-report as an on-demand type report and passed this value to the report. Seems to work so far.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum