Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Display Non Matching Records Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
cwhitmore
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Sep 2009
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Quote cwhitmore Replybullet Topic: Display Non Matching Records
     Posted: 27 Sep 2011 at 7:12am
I'm using CR 8.5. I have two tables, one with a list of locations. In the other table, i have the daliy sales information for all locations. I pull weekly reports in the second table by usng a date parameter. This report will display only locations for which data has been submitted. I would like to create a subreport that will display the locations not listed on the main report. This seems like a simple left outer join, but i am having trouble and i wonder if it is because of the date parameter. I can get the subreport to display the exact same locations listed on the main report or to display all of the locations, but not just the locations not displayed in the main report. Thanks in advance.
 
Cecil
IP IP Logged
kostya1122
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 475
Quote kostya1122 Replybullet Posted: 22 Feb 2012 at 1:13pm
you could try something like
in your sub report create a formula like data_split
if table.date in start_parameter to end_parameter then "active_locations" else
"not_active_locations" 
then create a formula like exclusions
if data_split = "active_locations" then table.location
then go to select expert and place then
table.location <> exclusions

haven't tested it, so don't know if it will work
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum