Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Report margins problem Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Danie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 15 Sep 2011
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote Danie Replybullet Topic: Report margins problem
     Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:27pm
Hi
 
I have a problem with top and bottom margins in my report. In the designer view - File>Page Setup - I have the paper size (A4 210X297 cm). Both the top and bottom margins are set to 2 cm which, If I understand it correctly, printing should start exactly 2 cm from the top and end at 2 cm from the bottom of a page.
 
However, no matter what I do, it starts printing 1.5 cm from the top and ends at 3 cm from the bottom of a page.
 
I have the 'Dissociate Formatting page size and printer paper size turned off so that should not influence anything and even if it's turned on makes no difference.
 
In Designer view when I look at the ruler the Report Header - it is exactly 25.5 cm in length. For some reason unknown to me I can't make it any longer. If I add even 1 or 2 mm to the length, the printing spills over to a new page.
 
I'm printer to a HP laser printer - nothing fancy - other programs like Word prints to the same printer with no margin issues whatsoever.
 
I will appreciate it so much if someone can point me in the right direction, please.
 
Kind Regards
 
Danie
 
 
 
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum