Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Running Total Exluding Suppressed Details Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
CKrzacz
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CKrzacz Replybullet Topic: Running Total Exluding Suppressed Details
     Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:32am
So I have a Running Total Field for quantity of items sold. I have certain line items that I have it omitting on the report so that I do not have to see them. What I want to do, is have the running total also omit those that are being omitted.

Is this possible? Or would their be coding necessary to get this done properly?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 9:55am
create an RT (you can also use shared variables if you prefer)
Name =whatever
field to summarize=quantity
type = sum
evaluate=use a formula
NOT(suppression criteria here)
reset=never (for a report total)
place in report footer


Edited by DBlank - 12 Sep 2011 at 9:56am
IP IP Logged
CKrzacz
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 15 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote CKrzacz Replybullet Posted: 13 Sep 2011 at 2:16am
Thank you again DBlank, I have definitely learned a lot from you here!!

Thanks!!!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum