Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Exporting TAB Delimited Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
shamrock31
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote shamrock31 Replybullet Topic: Exporting TAB Delimited
     Posted: 09 Sep 2011 at 3:23am
Hi everyone, relatively new to CR. I have a report which the client would like exported to a TAB Delimited format (I'm assuming the TAB Seperated function in the export option would be the same).  I have a couple of issues..

1) There are approx. 20 columns in the report, 5 of which return blank values.  When exported, it appears that the remaining columns all shift 5 columns over to fill in the blank spaces. ex.
C1   C2   C3   C4   C5   C6      (COLUMN HEADERS, how report Looks in CR)
A       B     C                    F

C1   C2   C3   C4   C5   C6 (How the report looks when exported)
A       B     C     F

Any way to force the info to stay in correct columns?

I guess that's the only one really boggling my mind....

Thanks in advance..and yes, I admit to being a newbie, so this may be an absolutely idiotic question


Edited by shamrock31 - 09 Sep 2011 at 3:34am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum