Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: Dynamic text repositioning Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 4:25pm
Hi all,
I have several details sections in my reports which contain memo fields, The field properties include a check in the marker 'Can Grow'. However if the field does contain a large amount of text the report view overlaps the next label and field below it, instead of the fields and labels below adjusting down. In another report I also have memo fields, not the same ones, which adjust the next record position fine. However, I don't see any differences in how the two reports are formatted specific to the memo fields.
For the time being I have formatted the fields to account for the usual size of text content but the report looks awful with all that white space or text truncated.
On a related subject, I was also marking the sections ' suppress blank section' in Section Expert but did not seem to work. Does 'blank' also mean labels? For the time being I placed a formula to test for a 'true' condition in order to suppress the section and it seems to work. Any thoughts on why 'suppress blank section' didn't work?
Joined: 21 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 9:55pm
OK, great so each memo field or large text field is in its own section. Is there a limit as to how many detail sections I can have? I already have 11 will likely double to cover all the necessary sections.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum