Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Select latest date Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 4:51am
Hi,
I have a range of data (all prior to current YTD) for which I would like to show only the latest record per item.
Selecting the maximum is showing me the correct latest date and I would have thought simply disabling the date column would then leave me with only the 1 line.
In total I have 206000 lines of data which should be compressable into 15000 or so, so you can see the issue.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 5:21am
a couple of thing sto note.
-hiding data does not remove it formthe report so dat ais still included in your calcuations unless you explicitly exclude them using variable formulas or running totals.
- whenever yuo place table fields on headers it will display the first record that exists after that header is preinted (e.g. the first row of a group or the report). If you place a field int he footer is displays the last row of data before that footer is printed (e.g. the last row of a group or the last row of a report).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum