Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Full Outer JOin Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bpimental
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote bpimental Replybullet Topic: Full Outer JOin
     Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 2:15pm
I am currently running Crystal 9 through ODBC and need to do a full outer join.  The option is greyed out in my link options box (and has been for years Cry) making it difficult to pull in non-existing data from tables where the data does not exist for every record.  Can anyone tell me if this is an issue with the version that I am using, the connection or tell me how I can 'activate' the full outer linking option so that it can be of use to me..........Please respond with any input that you have in reference to this..... Smile
Thanks,
Bryian
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 2:09am
can you write a command and use a union query or a nested query to get your results?
sharona
IP IP Logged
bpimental
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote bpimental Replybullet Posted: 01 Sep 2011 at 5:24am
I am sure that it could be accomplished through other means, but since I don't program directly (and don't have the resources to assist) I am relying on the link manager in Crystal.
Thanks,
Bryian
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum