|
Hopefully there's someone here who can help me out. Recently someone in
my group at work was fired, and I've inherited quite a few reports this
person made. Unfortunately there seems to be a bit of odd formatting
that I can't find.
The database that stores our information is
an Oracle database, and a few of the fields are being interpreted
somewhere in the report to modify how they appear. One example is a
name field, where you have a first and last name. Another example is a
field where we insert a date (MM/DD/YY) and then someone's initials.
In
a few of these reports, the names are showing up without the last
names, and the dates are showing up as March, June, etc (the initials are being filtered out somewhere). If I put my
initials after the date, the report doesn't interpret it correctly and
ignores the record. If I put the initials of the person who created it,
the record shows up just fine. If I just leave the date and don't put any initials, the record does not appear.
Unfortunately, I've looked at all the formatting fields and formulas, and just can't find anything. The reference is
to the correct place in the database that stores the names / dates, but
somewhere there is some modification happening that I can't seem to
find.
Does anyone have an idea? I've asked a few of the
accountants at work who use Crystal quite a bit, but they can't find
anything either.
|