Joined: 16 Dec 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 20
Topic: Single Record Reference from Range Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:43am
I'm trying to reference a single field that fits a range criteria search. To better explain what I mean, I have a table that will tells me the applicable price for a certain date range:
Vendor | Start Date | End Date | Price |
ABC 8-11-2011 8-15-2011 $20
ABC 8-16-2011 8-20-2011 $15
On another table I have count of items with date stamps that I need to apply a price to depending on the date:
What I want crystal reports to do is read the date from the second table and match the price that fits in the start and end dates for the price for that vendor. Is this possible? Let me know if you need further clarification.
Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:22am
no the formula is used as a date bucket to capture the amount.
when you use the manual running totals make sure you reset on the group you want to sum by, so if you want totals by date and vendor you will need to create a set for both groups
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum