Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Hiding suppressed rows in crosstab? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
rebeccah
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote rebeccah Replybullet Topic: Hiding suppressed rows in crosstab?
     Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 9:55am
I am trying to create a report of current stock status for each of our items combined with past usage of the item.  Currently I am using a crosstab for past usage, but when I filter the report for a year range the current stock status disappears if there was no usage in that year range. 
 
I thought instead of using the filter I would suppress the rows for years I'm not interested in.  Only problem with this is that now I have a table with blank rows. 
 
Any thoughts on how to hide a suppressed row??  (the row is not empty only suppressed)
 
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
IP IP Logged
rebeccah
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 25 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote rebeccah Replybullet Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:19am

Found a solution to my problem:

The value I was summarizing in the crosstab was Usage.  Year was the row field and month the column field.  I created a new field SpecUsage using:
 
if {Table.Year} in [2009,2010] then{Table.Usage}
 
Then in the crosstab I used SpecUsage as my summary field.
 
Seems to be working out great.  Hope this helps someone else out there!!
 
Smile
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum