Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to determine number of pages using parameter? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
foru
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote foru Replybullet Topic: How to determine number of pages using parameter?
     Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 11:53pm
Help needed here.   

I have 3 parameters passing in to the label, which not in the datasource. The parameters are starting page, no of labels and total page.

I placed all the information under GH, which I grouped using a field from datasource. I need to use the parameters passing to print starting page/total page.

Example of the scenario:
starting page: 6
no of labels : 4
total page   : 9

The output should be at 1st page prints 6/9. 2nd page is 7/9, 3rd page is 8/9 and the last page is 9/9. It will only have 4 pages bcoz the no of labels is 4.

Would like to know how can I display the output as mentioned?

Hope you can understand my question here. Thanks alot for helping..
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 2:20am
Could you use a formula like
if pagenumber=1
     then {?startingpage} & "/" & {?totalpage}
          else
pagenumber - 1+{?startingpage} & "/" & {?totalpage}
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
foru
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote foru Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 4:04pm
Thanks for reply. [IMG]smileys/smiley1.gif" align="middle" />

Where should I place the formula in order to make it work? And how is the page break should work according to the {?no_of_page}?

Edited by foru - 24 Aug 2011 at 4:06pm
IP IP Logged
FrnhtGLI
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Quote FrnhtGLI Replybullet Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:25am
Well, if I'm understanding you correctly, you should just be able to place the formula where you want it displayed.

As for a page break, could you explain a bit more about the report so I can try and understand what it is you are looking for?
|< /\ '][' ( )
IP IP Logged
foru
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote foru Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2011 at 6:22pm
Like I mentioned before, there is a parameter for No of Pages. This is to determine this report should have how many pages.

If the parameter is 4, meaning the report should only have 4 pages maximum. Not more than 4 pages.

How should I make sure the report is only has 4 pages in total?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum