Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Formulas in Charts Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mossimus
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 23 Aug 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mossimus Replybullet Topic: Formulas in Charts
     Posted: 23 Aug 2011 at 10:12pm
Hi
 
Is it possible to use a formula in a chart?
 
I am wanting a graph of monthly costs.
 
I have two tables Product_cost , Product_extra, these two tables are joined on product_id.
 
In my report I group on product_id with a sum to add up product_extra, in the group footer I add sum of product_extra to product_cost   I would like this total to be in my graph?
 
Have tried creating a seperate formula that just shows the total of the above but still I cannot add this to my graph?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 24 Aug 2011 at 3:41am

some formulas can be used and others cannot.

Why not add the product extra to the product cost in a formula (not the  group SUM of these) and then you can use that in the graph
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum