Joined: 21 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 14
Topic: Failed to retrieve data from database. Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 5:07am
I have a report with two tables when I only had one table I receive data I joined the other table and added one field from that table to my report and I get this error Failed to retrieve data! Please help
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 18 Aug 2011 at 9:34am
What type of database are you connecting to? Which version of Crystal?
Assuming that you're not connecting to a file-based database like dBase or Paradox, go to the Database menu and select Show SQL. Copy the SQL statement and run it in a tool that will connect to your database (e.g., SQL Server Management Studio, SQL+, Toad, etc.) This will validate whether or not the query works.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum