Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Suppress 'Some' Subtotals in Crosstab Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
mediumhouse
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 13 Aug 2011
Location: Australia
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote mediumhouse Replybullet Topic: Suppress 'Some' Subtotals in Crosstab
     Posted: 13 Aug 2011 at 5:36pm

In Cross Tab Expert I have two fields in the Rows section, one field in the columns section and a distinct count in the summarized Fields section.

Due to the nature of the field in the Columns section [T or F], my report will have two columns.

On the customize style tab I have suppressed Row Grand Totals as they are not needed and I have left the Column Grand totals to view.

For the rows, each Row #1 value can have multiple Row #2 values and I have left the Suppress Subtotal box unchecked so I can see the the totals for each Row #1 value.

However, when the Row #1 value only has one Row #2 value, I want to hide the Subtotal row as it is has the same information in the Row #2 Row. 

So in the case of the below information, I would want to keep TotalA and TotalC but not TotalB as it just replicates Row2B1.


                             |True |False
Row 1A  | Row2A1 |1      |2
             | Row2A2|3       |0
             | TotalA   |4       |2
Row 1B  | Row2B1 |2      |3
             | TotalB   |2       |3
Row 1C  | Row2C1|2       |2
             | Row2C2|1       |0
             | Row2C3|3       |1
             | TotalC   |6       |3
Grand Total           |12     |8

However, it must be pointed out that next time Row1B may have more than 1 Row2 Values and one of the other Row1s might only have one.

This means I need a way to dynamically suppress/hide total rows depending on how many rows they are totalling - 1 = Suppress/Hide and >1 = don't suppress/hide.

I hope this all made some sense.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum