Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Topic: Fee Summary Report After Issuance Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 5:09am
So originally I was creating a report, with sql expressions to pull data based off really the "main" table of my application,
So I had 1 table, and pulled a "permit issued date" and the sql expressions would pull data based off whether the permit (from the main table) was issued between two parm dates.
Now, the customer would like to also see permits that have had additional fees made AFTER issuance; and really I had a very simply built report and dont want to complicate it with a some outer join to evaluate rec_dates from a table with a 1 to many relationship with my base permit table (each permit could have up to 40 records detailing various transactions).
---
What is the simplest way to accomplish this, well, maybe not the most simple, but most EFFICIENT; the report was taking like 10 secs tops to run, now with any join I make with the fee table, groups are messed up.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 7:59am
though the subreport will likely slow the report down, the unknown is how much. Each time the subreport is run, CR connects to the database and attempts to gather data.
My typical solution is to create a stored proc and do most of the logic gathering in there, but that is not always possible for some people, but it is how I write all of my reports.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum