Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How to split parameter fields in crystal reports? Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
directred
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote directred Replybullet Topic: How to split parameter fields in crystal reports?
     Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 4:33am
I have a parameter field ?sPassParam
I want to be able to split the content e.g. sPassParam = 1234, Alan Smith
 
As you can see this parameter comes from VB.Net and once it reaches Crystal Report I am able to split to 2 fields
 
1234 & Alan Smith
 
A side question, what is the code to pass 2 fields from VB.Net into 2 parameter fields e.g. Salary and Name. If there is a better way I could do it this way.
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Aug 2011 at 8:07am

Dim rptRc As New rptName

rptRc.SetParameterValue("@salary", salaryVar)rptRc.SetParameterValue("@empName", empNameVar)

this can be repeated for as many parameters as you want.
 
or you can split it in CR and use the 2 values in the Record Selection formula to filter your input.
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum