Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: String Formula - Strip characters after a desginat Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Michwolv14
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Michwolv14 Replybullet Topic: String Formula - Strip characters after a desginat
     Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:32am
I'm trying to strip a character string after a certain character is found.  For example, I have values of C842-68, C12-13, C9-55 and I need to strip and return only those values to the left of the "-".  Since the placement of the "-" is in different locations, and can't use LEFT.  I'm thinking a nested formula, but not thinking clearly.
RKF
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 5:59am
look at using the instr function
sharona
IP IP Logged
Michwolv14
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Michwolv14 Replybullet Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 10:03am
Got it!  Thanks.  It worked.
RKF
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum