Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Concatenate Text Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Crystal Learner
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote Crystal Learner Replybullet Topic: Concatenate Text
     Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 3:15pm
Hi,
 
I am trying to concatenate text field into one line. For example, I have
ID    Text
1     I am trying
1     to concatenate text 
1     field into one line
 
I am trying to get the result as follows:
ID    Text
1      I am trying to concatenate text field into one line.
 
Could you please help me to achive this.
 
Thanks in Advance
IP IP Logged
jason stratom
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote jason stratom Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 12:14am
Hi,

          I think u are having three fields with values a,b, and c
and you want to show it as abc...........

Now create a tex object and put the three fields in to the text object in the order u like.........

Note:the three fields should be formulas

Revert me back for further clarifications.

Regards,
JAson

Edited by jason stratom - 03 Aug 2011 at 12:18am
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 03 Aug 2011 at 3:14am
The three fields do not have to be formulas - you can just put the fields in the text box.  This works if this is three fields in the same record.  If it's the same field in three different records, you'll have to use a formula.  Something like this:
StringVar myText;
if PreviousIsNull({table.ID}) or {table.ID} <> previous({table.ID}) then
  myText := '';
myText := myText + ' ' + {table.Text};
myText
 
This assumes that you are grouping on the ID field.  You would then put this formula in either a group header or group footer section.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum