Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert not Limiting Results Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
NelsonB
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 29 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote NelsonB Replybullet Topic: Select Expert not Limiting Results
     Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 8:36am
Hi I am currently trying to restrict the specific descriptions that are being retrieved via a SQL Stored Procedure, I have 4 descriptions that I don't need to show in the report but I still need the data that is associated with the descriptions in a a different field, I am trying to use the "Select Expert" to restrict the descriptions that are pulled in the report, this is the formula that I am using to try and restrict the descriptions:
 
{GetQuestion9MultiData.Description} <> "Achieve Superior Performance - Priority Ranking"
    or({GetQuestion9MultiData.Description} <> "Drive Client and Business Growth - Priority Ranking")
    or({GetQuestion9MultiData.Description} <> "Improve our Strategic Positioning - Priority Ranking")
    or({GetQuestion9MultiData.Description} <> "Inspire our Owners and Our People - Priority Ranking")
 
When I go back to the report preview the descriptions above are still showing in the report.
 
I am fairly new to Crystal and any help will be appreciated.
 
Thanks,
 
NelsonB



Edited by NelsonB - 29 Jul 2011 at 8:47am
NelsonB
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 4:25pm
You can change the font to white for those descriptions or place them in a separate section and suppress that section and they should be available to the other field.If you go the separate section you need it to be before the field so it will pull before it's needed.You should also be able to just place them in the report and go to Format Field and suppress them that way and they should still populate but not show.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum