Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: How do I create additional record row based on QTY Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
JGARDNER-AIT
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Quote JGARDNER-AIT Replybullet Topic: How do I create additional record row based on QTY
     Posted: 26 Jul 2011 at 11:00am
Hello - I have a orders database and I was looking to do some data manipulation. I have one row of data by part number with a total qty of "3" for the order. I'm looking to reverse the record and have done is to report "3" rows of qty "1".
 
 
Is this possible in Crystal Reports 11?
 
Thanks - Josh
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 27 Jul 2011 at 2:34am
i would think an orders table has a detail table. do you have a line number in the table?
i would group by order id
then group by line number- if the line number represents the qty ordered.
you could create a formula that will divide the totaly qty by itself to break down to 1.
if you have more detailed info that will help me help you.
sharona
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum