Joined: 18 Jul 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Topic: Huge Database Help Posted: 18 Jul 2011 at 1:13pm
I am working with a database of several million records that was created by someone else. It is constantly growing and shrinking as new records are added and older ones deleted all over the country. I have been teaching myself Crystal Reports with some success but am having some issues.
One issue is that I am working with more than one database, several in fact all as large. The main issue with this is that several of the field have cryptic names so that I cannot determine what they contain and since the database are so large I cannot setup a report without filtering the data and expect the report to be able to run. Is there anyway to determine what is contained in a field without locking up the program by trying to return every record.
Joined: 22 May 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Posted: 19 Jul 2011 at 2:05am
You can place a field in the reporting area, right-click the field and select "Browse Field Data". That will give you an overview of the data coming through in that field.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum