Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report 2008 Cross Tab Report Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
crystalstud
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crystalstud Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report 2008 Cross Tab Report
     Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 1:37pm
Below is the cross tab I developed in crystal report 2008:

 

Column#1: Sales Order #

Total

Column#2: Salesperson Name

Total

Row #1: Item Code

QTY

QTY

Sum of QTY

Total

Sum of QTY

Sum of QTY

Sum of QTY

In cross tab expert, I added sales order # and salesperson name under columns. As a result, both column 1 and 2 split in 2 columns. My intention is to have sales person shows right underneath sales order # in one column. Above column in blue is duplication on the left. I suppressed the content but the column still shows. Is there any way to delete the extra column in blue and to have it show in one column only?
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
sharona
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 255
Quote sharona Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 2:32am
create a formula that captures the concatenates the order # and salesperson. see if you can use that as your column. cross tabs set up each field as a seperate column.  if you dont need a cross tab you can design your own report to resemble a cross tab.
sharona
IP IP Logged
crystalstud
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote crystalstud Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 6:52am
Hi Sharona,
Thanks for the reply.
I do need the cross tab report to achieve my purpose. The challenge is indeed, as you mentioned, whenever I add a new field, cross tab set it up as a separate column. I tried to merge them in one column but without much luck. I tried to start from scratch and concatenate the order# with salesperson. Normally I can just create a formula and drag it to the template. However, the cross tab won't let me use my formula and the only way is to modify the existing column setting. Any advise how can I modify the cross tab column setting to accomplish my purpose? Many thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum