Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Print Labels Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Set_Shot
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote Set_Shot Replybullet Topic: Print Labels
     Posted: 14 Jul 2011 at 11:43am
Hello all,
What I'm tring to do seems pretty simple.
Start printing a label with a sequence that starts something like this.
 
A20  this is hard coded.
35000 is the starting point.
 
I want 2 labels to print then go into the next number.
 
I've tried doing this using this code;
 
 WhileprintingRecords;
 Numbervar x:=35000;
do
(
 x:=x+1;
"A20"&ToText(x,"#####")
)
while x <35010
 
but all I get is true and false in my printing.
 
I want to be able to give a begining number and an ending number
as parameters.
 
Something like this
 
 WhileprintingRecords;
 Numbervar x:=(?Begining Number);
do
(
 x:=x+1;
"A20"&ToText(x,"#####")
)
while x (?Ending Number)
 
there is no data being pulled in from a database
and I need to barcode the "A2035000 ......A2045000"
 
Can this be done? If so how? Errrrrrrrr!
 
Also is there a way to store the number so that the next set of labels can be printed without knowing the ending number?
Dmarz
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 5:11am
if you had a table of numbers....you could then select the values that you want, and even get the dupes by doing a self join or a union.
 
CR, really, really, wants rows of data.
 
HTH
 
IP IP Logged
CircleD
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Quote CircleD Replybullet Posted: 15 Jul 2011 at 2:10pm
I've seen it done with tables of numbers(beginning number and ending number) like lockwelle says but not with parameters so I know it can be done,just maybe not the way you want to do it.


Edited by CircleD - 15 Jul 2011 at 2:10pm
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum