Hi all,
I have a problem concerning searching a database. Fist of all, i'm a newbie. Just finished a 2-day beginners training and before this never worked with databases before.
The situation: Sql database (baan IV) / CR XI.
Ik work for a company selling spare parts. (we have around 15.000 parts).
Now I want to create a list with parts which aren't sold the last 2 years.
Now this is the problem: part x is sold over a million times during the last 2 years. This means crystal goes through all these records and than concludes: yes this parts is sold in the last 2 years! But i want Crystal to stop searching the database when he found only one record showing that the part is sold.
You understand part y is also sold a million times, etc. So the report takes about 20 minutes to run.
I hope I make myself clear, it might be to specific for this forum, but i hope not ;-)
Like to hear your opinions.